July 2, 2021
MINEBEA MITSUMI Inc.
MinebeaMitsumi Launches Durable Semiconductor
Digital Temperature and Humidity Sensor "MW3827"
- Contributing to the IoT Society by Realizing Accurate Environmental Monitoring
both Indoors and Outdoors -
In July 2021, MinebeaMitsumi Inc. will release MW3827, a semiconductor digital temperature and humidity sensor that has excellent durability and small characteristic fluctuation (5%RH or less*) even under high temperature and high humidity conditions. Having its uniquely designed semiconductor device structure, this product is capable of suppressing aging deterioration and maintaining high reliability.
Temperature and humidity sensors are used in home appliances such as air conditioners, air purifiers, refrigerators, and in environmental monitoring applications such as temperature and humidity meters and heat stroke meters. In recent years, demand has been on the rise due to the expansion of IoT solutions and smart city initiatives.
This product, which we will release for the first time, suppresses output error and accuracy deterioration that could occur due to water droplets and dust contamination (the existing product is susceptive to those), and realizes accurate sensing over the entire range from low to high humidity (0 to 100% RH).
- Durable humidity sensing film (sensing polymer) developed in-house.
- The overcoat of the humidity sensing film (*refer to the picture below) prevents corrosion of the upper electrode and prevents foreign matter from adhering to the sensor surface and affecting the characteristics. Thus, it is hardly affected by dust and corrosive gas.
* Patented(Patent No. 06790327, Patent No. 06770238, Design No. 01631397)
- Stable measurement is possible from dry low humidity to high humidity including a state with dew condensation.
- Fast responsiveness to changes in humidity.
Features of MW3827
|Capacitive digital temperature and humidity sensor|
|●Power supply voltage range||: 2.2~5.5V|
|●Operating humidity range||: 0~100%RH|
|●Operating temperature range||: -40~105°C|
|●Humidity accuracy Typ.||: ±2%RH|
|●Temperature accuracy Typ.||: ±0.5°C|
|●Humidity response time||: 6sec|
|External Dimensions||: 2.0 × 2.0 × 0.8 (W × D × H) mm|
- Electrical appliances such as air conditioners, air purifiers, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, total heat exchangers (ventilation fans), heat stroke meters, etc.
- Environmental monitoring for smart cities
- Agricultural facilities such as plastic greenhouses
- Medical devices such as CPAP and respiratory aids
*CPAP: Continuous Positive Airway Pressure
Heat stroke meter
Smart city environmental sensor
MW3827 Production Plan
|Mass production start||: July, 2021|
|Mass production volume||: 100,000 pieces / month|
|Production site||: Japan|
|Sample price||: 300 yen|
|Products inquiries:||Strategy Engineering Department, Semiconductor Business Unit, MITSUMI Business Headquarters MinebeaMitsumi Inc.
|Media inquiries:||Corporate Communications and Investor Relations Office MinebeaMitsumi Inc.
Product information, contact and other context are subject to change without prior notice.