- When was the company founded?
- What is the company name derived from?
- What is its corporate philosophy?
- What does Minebea do?
About Business Results and Finances
- When do your accounts officially close?
- Where can I access the reports from past years?
- How can I get information about the company?
- How can I get historical financial data?
- Where can I get your Annual Reports?
About Company's Stock
- When is the general meeting of shareholders held?
- What is the company's stock code?
- Where is the company's stock listed?
- When was MinebeaMitsumi's share listed in the Tokyo Stock Exchange?
- How many shares has MinebeaMitsumi issued?
- What is the unit of share transactions?
- When is the record date to determine who is eligible to receive a dividend payment?
- What is your dividend policy?
- Do you have a shareholder special benefit plan?
- What is ADR?
- How can I exercise voting rights at a general meeting of shareholders?
- Which financial institution is the agent to manage shareholders registry?
- I have stock certificates of the former company name (Minebea, MITSUMI), what should I do?
- What is the share exchange ratio between former Minebea and former MITSUMI?
Questions and Answers
- In July, 1951, Nippon Miniature Bearing Co., Ltd. which is the predecessor of Minebea Co., Ltd. was founded as Japan's first manufacturer specializing in miniature ball bearings.
The company was formed after the war by engineers from the former Manchuria Aircraft Company upon their return to Japan from Manchuria, and their dreams and passion were focused on the growth of the aircraft industry. After that, we merged with MITSUMI ELECTRIC CO., LTD., which manufactures and sells mechanical parts, semiconductor devices, high frequency devices etc. on January 27, 2017, and changed the company name to the present "MinebeaMitsumi Inc.".
- Nippon Miniature Bearing Co., Ltd. was incorporated on July, 1951 and renamed Minebea Co., Ltd. in October 1981. We merged with MITSUMI ELECTRIC CO., LTD. on January 27, 2017, and changed to the present "MinebeaMitsumi Inc."
"NMB," used partly in brand names and names of subsidiary companies, are the initials for Nippon Miniature Bearing and the trademark of the MinebeaMitsumi Group.
- We have adopted following "The Five Prinsiples" of management and strives for transparent management practices. Please see the Corporate Philosophy for more information.
We shall .....
(1) Be a company where our employees are proud to work
(2) Earn and preserve the trust of our valued customers
(3) Respond to our shareholders' expectations
(4) Work in harmony with the local community
(5) Promote and contribute to global society
- Minebea manufactures and sells machined components such as ball bearings and electronic devices and components such as motors used in home appliances such as vacuum cleaners, automobiles, aircrafts and more.
Please see Profile for more details.
About Business Results and Finances
- Our account is closed on March 31 every year.
- In addition, we announce quarterly business results. Please refer to IR Calendar for the detailed schedule.
- Pursuant to the Tokyo Stock Exchange Timely Disclosure Regulations, we discloses material information that affects investments on TDnet provided by the Tokyo Stock Exchange. For a better understanding of us, please refer to this website as well as our annual reports and other publications.
We announce its consolidated financial results quarterly. Financial data are disclosed in Brief Report of Financial Results and Investor Meeting Presentations.
- You can see the past financial data at Financial Data page. Moreover, the past documents such as Brief Report of Financial Results and Investor Meeting Presentations are available at IR Library.
- Please download the file from Annual Reports.
About Company's Stock
- An annual general meeting of shareholders is held in June every year. Please see the IR Calendar for the schedule by present.
- The ordinary shares issued by MinebeaMitsumi are listed on the stock exchanges of Tokyo and Nagoya.
- On the establishment of the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange on October, 1961, stock of the Company was listed on this section. Its stock had moved from the Second Section to the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange on October, 1970.
The Company's stock was listed on the first sections of the Nagoya Stock Exchange in May, 1971.
On January 27, 2017, we have changed our name from "Minbea Co., Ltd." to "MinebeaMitsumi Inc.".
- 427,080,606 shares have been issued.
- 100 shares.
- The record date of year-end dividend is March 31, and the record date of interim dividend is September 30. Please see Dividend/Share Repurchase for information about dividends paid in the past.
- Our basic dividend policy gives priority to enhancing equity efficiency and improving returns to our shareholders, with dividends reflecting performance in light of the overall business environment while maintaining stable and continuous distributions of profits.
Please refer to Basic Policy for Profit Sharing with the Shareholders for details. For current and historical dividend data, please refer to Dividend/Share Repurchase.
- No, we don't.
- ADR is an acronym for American Depository Receipt. Traded principally in the United States, it is a transferable dollar-denominated receipt in the registered form representing ownership of stock in foreign companies.
There are sponsored ADRs for which a stock issuer (foreign-based company) enters into a deposit agreement with a US deposit bank; and un-sponsored ADRs created by a US securities firm or a US deposit bank irrespective of the intention of the issuer.
MinebeaMitsumi has issued sponsored ADRs based on a deposit agreement with the Bank of New York Mellon, which are traded over the counter in the United States under the following terms:
ADR Ratio: 2 MinebeaMitsumi ordinary shares = 1 ADR Symbol: MNBEY CUSIP: 602725301 Deposit Bank: The Bank of New York Mellon
101 Barclay Street,
New York, NY 10286, U.S.A.
U.S. Toll free:(888) 269-2377 (888-BNY-ADRS)
- We send a convocation notice of a general meeting and a proxy statement to each of the shareholders recorded in our shareholder list as of the end of the record date for such meeting (March 31 of each year). Voting rights may be exercised by
- submitting a voting card in person at the general meeting of shareholders
- sending a voting card by mail
- via the Internet, please use the code and initial password that are indicated on the voting card, follow the guidance on the screen and vote for or against each proposal.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited is the agent to manage shareholders registry for MinebeaMitsumi. For more information see Stock Information.
- For details, please contact Stock Transfer Agency Business Planning Department of Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited listed in "Information for Shareholders" on "Stock Information" page.
- 0.59 shares of Minebea common stock will be allotted and delivered for each share of MITSUMI common stock.
- Please refer to Corporate Governance.
- Please refer to the IR Contact & Request for Documents.