MINEBEA MITSUMI Inc.
Wireless Movable Type
Smallest and Lightest* Compact Spot Light of Beautiful Light
SALIOT S3 Series is on Sale from February 2022
MinebeaMitsumi Inc. (Head Office: 4106-73 Oaza Miyota, Miyota-machi, Kitasaku-gun, Nagano Prefecture; Representative Director, CEO & COO Yoshihisa Kainuma, hereinafter referred to as MinebeaMitsumi) will release for sale smart lighting device "SALIOT S3 Series," which can control light using the dedicated smartphone app "SALIOT," from February 2022.
MinebeaMitsumi has been developing the SALIOT (Smart Adjustable Light for the Internet Of Things) series of IoT lighting fixtures, and delivered them to many facilities such as art galleries and museums, hotels, and showrooms. The orientation, brightness, light color, and light distribution angle can be controlled from a distance with a smartphone or tablet, which has revolutionized light adjustment installations.
This time, the spotlight of SALIOT was dramatically renewed and will go on sale as the "SALIOT S3 Series." The zero-based review of the size, design, and circuit design of the product contributed to actualize the smallest and lightest model. We also committed to the quality of the light to create a beautiful atmosphere. The product, in addition to museums and hotels, can now also be considered for use in offices, restaurants, and shops where we were not able to make proposals before. Because it is small and not loud while operating expands the possibility of where it can be used and enhances the versatility of the product.
The base color rendering of the product is Ra90, but we have also prepared the high color rendering type Ra97 for museums, etc., to match their high color rendering requirements. Furthermore, the "Timer BRIDGE BOX," which is for adjusting the direction and brightness of the product according to the specified time, will be on sale at the same date and time as the spotlight.
*** Color Rendering: describes how a light source makes the color of an object appear to a human eye/Ra: shows the Color Rendering Index. The color will appear more natural if the CRI number is close to 100.
We hope the sale of "SALIOT S3 Series" will expand the market of automatic lighting. By making use of its ultra-precision machining technology and wide range of cutting-edge technology, MinebeaMitsumi, the provider of "Electro Mechanics Solutions™**," that combines mechanical & electronic, and control technology will continue bringing proposals to the table for expanding into a new market.
* According to our research. (Domestic only)
** "Electro Mechanics Solutions" is a registered trademark in Japan of MinebeaMitsumi Inc. Its registration No. is 5322479.
- ① Wireless Movable Type Spot Light of Smallest and Lightest Class
- Dramatic downsizing from conventional wireless movable type spotlight. Regardless of its size, the product itself is as good as the normal spotlight. It can be accustomed to the various atmosphere as the design is very simple and compact with less uneven surfaces.
- ② Adjustable Light Distribution Angle
- The light Distribution angle can be adjusted to 16°-28° by turning the edge of the light. The 4 levels of adjustments with click feeling allow you to easily adjust the distribution angle according to the preference. The light range can be adjusted to suit the purpose.
- ③ Smooth and Quiet Movement
- The dedicated application and remote controller adjust the brightness and the direction of the light. Suitable for changing scenes during opening hours as the movement is very smooth and makes less-to-no sound while operating.
- ④ Auto-Adjustable by Time
- The dedicated application and remote controller can control it individually or as a group. The memory function can memory the conditions of the lighting of a particular scene making adjustments more efficient. Furthermore, the separately sold Timer BRIDGE BOX can change the lighting automatically according to the schedule.
- ⑤ Easy Operation with The Dedicated Remote Controller
- You can easily control the orientation, brightness, light color, and scene re-creation with the dedicated remote controller.
The simple and compact design with less uneven surfaces suits to various atmosphere.
The dedicated application and remote controller adjust the brightness and the direction of the light smoothly.
Example Show Window
The application adjusts the direction of the light of SALIOT. It is recommended for events, and shops and show windows that have frequent changes in their layout. The small and less-space taking lighting is not oppressing even if the ceiling height is close to your sight.
The scene and timer function can change the lighting at a specific time.
The beautiful light of S3 shows the product even better.
The high color rendering type S3 is perfect for lighting tables and display in café and restaurant bars. It makes the dishes and colorful drinks look more beautiful and inviting.
Different lighting for the night can change the atmosphere even if it is the same restaurant.
It is easy to make adjustments that suit reservation content and seasons.
SALIOT S3 Series Product Overview List
|Electricity Consumption (with Motors)||Moving Range||Light Distribution Angle||Light Control Range||Weight||Depth||Height||Diameter of the Light|
|Model Number||Body Color||Color Temperature||Luminous Flux Value|
|Model Number||Body Color||Color Temperature||Luminous Flux Value|
* The light source life of LED lighting fixtures is approximately 40,000 hours.
The life of the light source assumes the total lighting time until it will no longer light up or the total lighting time until total luminous flux drops to 70% of the initial lighting time, whichever is shorter.
SALIOT Remote Controller(Optional)
|Power||Two AA dry batteries (optional)|
|Weight||Nearly 35g (Excluding battery)|
The new LED lighting fixture "SALIOT (Smart Adjustable Light for the Internet Of Things)" developed by MinebeaMitsumi Inc. applies resin molding technology cultivated in LED backlights. By controlling the distance between the optically designed lens and the light emitting diode with a motor, light irradiation range and angle can be automatically adjusted. Furthermore, through the application of wireless technology in the development of our original software, it easily controls not only the light distribution angle and brightness, but also the brightness and irradiation position up, down, left and right with a smartphone or tablet.
MinebeaMitsumi is a comprehensive manufacturer of high-precision components that handles various mechanical and electronic devices and components such as bearings that smooth the rotation of machines, motors, sensors, and semiconductors.
Our ultra-precision technology is used in a wide range of fields including home electronics such as air conditioners, vacuum cleaners, dryers, game consoles; information devices such as smartphones and PC products, personal computers; automobiles, aviation, and space products; and medical equipment. We support people lives in areas that are not in plain view.
This product series is MinebeaMitsumi Green Products which was certified as outstanding environmental contributing products.
|Media inquiries||Corporate Communications and Investor Relations Office
|Sales inquiries||SALIOT Contact Information
Product information, contact and other context are subject to change without prior notice.